Wednesday 1 April 2020

Day 7


 It was a beautiful sunny day and my, does the sun take all your worries away.  I was able to do a bit of gardening, this time of the year is real busy as the garden needs tidying up for the winter and the winter vegetable crops need planting and sowing.  I tidied up two flower beds at the back and planted some lettuce in the herb garden near the back door.

Here are some photos of the garden at the back in all its glory earlier in the summer, I was very proud of it. 



For lunch I finished off the risotto from yesterday  and for supper I had soup and a slice of bread.  

The afternoon was spent reading, a granny nap and watering my many indoor plants and starting to put them in their winter quarters. I have to move many of them as I don't want them near the heat pump. will finish that off tomorrow.
 
Some of my baby houseplants I've put into an old fruit bowl, looks rather nice I think and they will enjoy each others company


 In the evening I watched TV, played a few games of mahjong on the computer and  worked out my budget for the next fortnight as it was pay day.  I am going to be able to save while the lockdown is on, as I am not out and about and having temptations to spend money! Also from next pay, the government has increased our pensions by $25 a week, and from May there is for 12 weeks a winter heating supplement of $40 a week. We are very blessed with our government, they are also giving employers grants so that they can continue to pay their workers and so not have to make them redundant.

So, all in all a wonderful day to finish off the first week of lockdown.

Bye for now, take care and be safe
Sharon
 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful garden you have, Sharon! It's strange to read about you readying for winter, while up here we are just getting ready for spring. I'm saving money too. I'm thinking once this is all over, I just might stick to being locked down, it sure is good for the pocketbook! Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, its a lot of work, but it keeps me sane as well as providing. I am also thinking of carrying on as I am really sure that the world will go into a severe recession after this, every country will be so in debt they will go bankrupt, then we will need every cent we have as the government wont be able to nanny us along!

      Delete
  2. Your garden is absolutely stunning! So full of color! I love that bowl of baby plants, too! They look like you planted them together! By the way, how do you keep your cats from nibbling on your houseplants? I have to keep any houseplants on top of bookcases to keep them away from Dancer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bless.I get so much satisfaction when the babies grow into large plant especially when a baby that cost a couple of dollars becomes something that is worth lot of money, great for gifts too. My cats leave them alone except for spider plant and ponytail plant [they are safe for cats] but I still put them high, but, then my cats can go outside, although Zana only goes out for toileting she is elderly 15 yrs. Dancer is purely indoors isnt he? So he has more motivation to mess with them, lol.

    ReplyDelete