Monday 23 April 2018

A mishmash!

Looking back on the last week, I am hard pushed to say what stood out, it was an 'itty bitty' week, lol.

Budget
 My grocery shopping was going to be just a few basics as I didn't really need anything.  However, going the rounds in  the supermarket while buying breads, milk and teabags, I noticed they had some real good deals on meat, especially the chicken  breasts and lamb shoulder chops.  I also saw that there were the white corm tortillas, which are hard to get here, so they also popped into my trolley, along with some tins of chilli beans and sour cream.  With these extras my budget for the week was exceeded.  But I am not worrying as  now I have a freezer fill of meat and the makings for some easy Mexican meals.

Tonight I had tortillas filled with chilli beans  rolled up and grated cheddar over the top and grilled til the top was nice and crunchy with side serves of sour cream and guacamole, yum!  Oh there was a small side salad, and a couple of figs for dessert.

Garden
It was such a lovely weekend weather wise that I got some gardening done mainly chopping back some bushes that were overgrown and cutting the grass, an never ending chore.  The next bit to attack will be the back of the house where I grow my pumpkins this year. I harvested them a week or so ago and they are hardening off in a sunny spot near the back door. Another week an d they can be stored for the winter.

Crafts
I finally got back to doing some crochet this weekend, a cotton afghan that has taken me months to do, I am so close to the finish 6 more rounds to go.


Instagram
I have an Instagram account which I use for keeping up with my family and following fellow crochet addicts.  In an idle moment I clicked on a picture that I really liked and found myself in a world of bohemian decor and a another thread with houseplants which I am crazy  about.  Last night I was thinking about what I saw and have decided to make some changes in that direction albeit slowly and much more restrained.  I have decided I want to create an oasis of peace in my lounge!  So watch this space as they say, no rush.

Plans for tomorrow
Put rubbish and recycling out early.
Go to Mitre 10 and buy an tarpaulin so I can drag the hedge clippings etc to the back where I burn a lot of my garden rubbish that cant be composted.
Washing
A round of my Liliana afghan
Bake a cake for Wednesday - it a public holiday  Anzac Day and I have visitors in the afternoon.

I leave you with a picture of Ambrose  snugging up to the Liliana afghan. Have a good week all
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good week! I just love that afghan you are making! Such beautiful colors! And a variety of stitches, too! Just beautiful! Enjoy making your cake with your new mixer. I just left a comment on that post, saying I expect to see lots of cakes in the coming weeks! :D Have a wonderful day, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, hope all is well. Just checking in to wish you a good day.

    ReplyDelete