Saturday 7 April 2018

A Rabbit Hole

Today did not go as I planned! It started with a phone call at 8.30, a dear friend wanted to visit this afternoon, I was pleased as we haven't seen each other for a few months.  Thankful I had made a stew yesterday I got on the computer and register for ancestry.com as I want to do a family tree on my mothers side for my brothers and sister as we know very little. Mum's father died when she was 8 and her mother married again and did not talk about him or her own family in England.  I had an idea that I could do a small family tree for my sister who has a birthday next week. HAH.........

Several hours later I was fully immersed in records and the excitement of finding out about my ancestry. LOL  I had heard that it was a rabbit hole, it is.  It is fascinating!  But really , when you got visitors coming and you are still in your nighty at 11.30 am, it is not a good look!  So I scurried about doing breakfast dishes, tidying the lounge and just sat down when there was a knock on the door.  I had a lovely catch up with my friend.  She left at 5.30, I had a quick bite to eat, and tried to find something on TV to relax with my knitting (I am knitting some socks! I have never knitted them before.) There that is my crafts element for the day, hehe.  There was nothing,  channels are full of the Commonwealth Games that are on in Queensland Australia. I like sport but don't find it relaxing!

So it was back to the computer, but I have managed to stay away from ancestry.com and decided to write a post so that I had at least one thing crossed of my list for today.

Not to say that I wont go there after a cuppa!

Yesterdays list 

Chop the mint back by the shed and fig tree - Done
Mow the front lawn
Pick some Apples - Done
Pick the ripe figs before the birds find them - Done
Wash the windows in the front
make a stew for the weekend - Done
Knit some of my sock - Done
Phone my sister in Australia this afternoon Done
Find a recipe (mint sauce) or what to do with all the mint I chop down (its needs chopping down as it is rampant, but I am loath to chuck it out. - Done
 
So 2 items are now to be transferred to tomorrows list

Mow the front lawn
 Wash the windows in the front
Write a blog post  with goals for next week
Go to church in morning
Relax 
 
I might flag the mowing the lawn if I am invited out to lunch as that can happen often.
 
So as they say the best laid plans of men and mice........
 
Have a Wonderful weekend  
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a lovely day, Sharon, filled with genealogy research and visiting with a friend. Mowing the lawn and washing the windows can definitely be put off for another day or two. Hope you are having a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was! I will try the lawn tomorrow, but the windows can wait as rain is forecast maybe it will clean them for me. Yes I had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete