Sunday 8 April 2018

Monday Thoughts

Didn't post yesterday because my energy ran out, so, I rested and did some knitting in between the snoozes. Did manage to go to church, but decided not to stay for the meal that is put on the first Sunday of every month.
A must do for today was mowing the front lawn, the grass is tickling my ankles, lol.  The forecast is for rain till the end of the week, so goodness knows how long it would be by then!  We have had such a wet summer, very warm and humid too.  No wonder the garden has  gone crazy!

As you can see it is a tangled mess!  I am seriously thinking of getting lawn mower people in and then I will have energy for the actual gardening.  Must get some quotes.

This week I want to go though my wardrobe and work out what i need for winter.  I didn't spend my clothes budget last year and I carried it forward to this year so have a nice amount to splash out. I know I need trousers and tunics, I have plenty of skirts and jackets but I feel I need a change.  I think i will buy a classic set and dress it up with scarfs and so on.Also, I think I might use some of my favourite dresses as a pattern for new ones in a more up to date colours. 

Later......
Well I have just mowed the lawn and I was finishing the rain started to fall!  Time for a cuppa and finish this post.  I am writing this on my tablet as my computer is playing up, thank goodness I now save everything to cloud! Learnt my lesson from last year when i lost everything. I think i will have to take it in as it is still under warantee.
It is quite strange using a screen keyboard.

Today's list
Mow lawn    done
Wash kitchen floor   done
Laundry  done
Prepare supper - chicken stirfry
Knitting
Genealogy research 

Tomorrow's list
AM  Eye Test at Optician
Grocery shopping
Put rubbish bag out and recycling bins
Vacuum clean lounge and hall
Relax with a book

Well that's it for today.
Have a wonderful day.
Sharon





3 comments:

  1. Your garden looks very lush! But glad you were able to get the mowing done before it rained! Looking forward to seeing what you bought when you went clothes shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bless, was going to post tonight but very tired! Shopping always exhausts me, also the light is bad for photos so will post a nice long post tomorrow. I had my chicken drumsticks but with some garlic French sticks and a salad very nice! Hope your day back at work in your new building goes okay and that the parking is sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, hope you are well and everything is OK. Take care.

    ReplyDelete